Question about new iPod shuffle (dont laugh)

Discussion in 'iPod' started by furryrabidbunny, Sep 6, 2006.

1. furryrabidbunny macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

* is there a way to reset the shuffle to go back to the beginning of the playlist (mine starts where it stopped before no matter if it is cleared out and new music was added)

*isn't the battery metter supposed to turn on? I've seen it flash once or twice.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I'm not sure about your first question (I don't have a Shuffle), but the battery meter turns on when you press it. :)

3. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

4. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

It's mentioned in the manual. I believe you hold down the play button for 2 or 3 seconds. But double check anyway.

edit: alright I was wrong, but close :)

5. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

Oh, and about the battery meter, it only turns on when you press the battery button.

6. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

Thanks everyone...

I hadn't noticed the battery metter was a button... i thought mine was just put together poorly.

7. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

I also bought a shuffle recently, and I really like it, but a few things annoy me:

-Sometimes songs end between 5-20 seconds before they should do.

-It has a wonky USB cap.

-It does not record play counts. (I knew this before I bought it, but it annoys me more than I thought it would.)

Has anyone else here with a shuffle noticed those first two?

8. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I haven't used mine a whole lot but my USB cap fits rather nicely. And i haven't noticed songs getting cut off early either.

9. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Well...

1. Yes, but I suppose I have learned to accept it.
    2. Seriously? It frickin' rocks. I love the USB cap.
    3. Never understood why this was such a big deal to people.

10. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

The playlist pointer resets whenever the shuffle is plugged into the Mac. Of course this really only matters when you run the shuffle in play-through as opposed to shuffle mode.

I've experienced similar song cutoffs, but only rarely and it's happened on other iPods so I don't think this is unique to the shuffle. If this happens with the same track repeatedly, I'd re-rip the track if possible.

The shuffle does record play counts and dates. Plug the shuffle into the Mac and you'll see the date and count in iTunes. One limitation: if you've just listened to ten tracks on the shuffle, the date and time when you plugged it in will show as "last played" for all ten of the tracks, instead of when you actually listened to them.

11. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Haha, I didn't know that. I usually just put the Shuffle on continuous play when I hear a song that I know is near the beginning of the playlist and then cycle back from there. :eek:

Daniel.