Question about ordering from apple

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by NineBall, Sep 5, 2004.

1. NineBall macrumors newbie

Aug 15, 2004
    Hi all, I've benn a pc user all my life, but decided to give an apple a try, so i ordered an 15" powerbook, an ipod, and some accessories, I ordered this stuff almost two weeks ago, and the ipod and accessories have just shipped, and i got an email from apple saying my pb won't ship till like next week because of an "unexpected delay"...what exactly does that mean? does this happen alot at the apple store?
  2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

Dec 7, 2002
    Florida, USA
    Could be shipping problems or the battery recall issue with the Aluminum Powerbooks. It is certainly "unexpected" for orders not to ship when Apple says they will (at least on products that have not been recently announced).
  3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    Haha, yeah, Apple sucks with delivery times, dude. They had 17" PBook delivery "difficulties" in August as well. Some Aussie guy has been waiting for around 6 weeks for his built-to-order Powerbook because he wanted the faster Harddrive.

It doesn't happen all the time, especially not for things like Powerbooks, but don't be freaked out if Apple takes their sweet time. You just get used to it. ;)
  4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    could be a shortage of a part or something, did you have it BTO or stock?
    as mentioned above it could have something to do with the battery recall
    this is unusual in my experience, everything that i have ordered from Apple online has gotten to me within a week

i hope everything works out, you might want to give them a call and see whats up
  5. vita_kk macrumors newbie

Aug 4, 2004
    probably they are running out of stock? is yours a BTO order?
    Give them a call and find out what causing such a delay. If you can't wait that long for your PB, you may want to change your order to a PB model that they have in stock.