Question about orders...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Captain Planet, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Captain Planet macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

So, I got an E-mail from Apple a few days ago saying that the shippment date of my order (iMac) was changed to the 31st of March. So, they shipped it in advance...well at least before the initial date which was shown when I made the purchase. Anyways, what I want to know is when they say "Delivers by: April 3rd." , should I get it on the third? That would be today. But now it's around 3:15 PM where I live and no sign as of yet. Usually I always get deliveries and such during the day. Could it be possible they'd get it here later in the evening? Or is it usually during the day? I so, then I guess they won't be on time and I'll have to wait another or so...:( I'm tired of waiting! :p

2. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

FedEx Ground and 2-Day for Home Delivery usually is between 3pm and 7:30pm.

Check Order Status on the store site, should be a tracking number. That will tell you if the carrier has it scheduled for delivery today, if it is in your city, and if it is on the truck - out for delivery.

3. Captain Planet thread starter macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

Well here I don't even think it's Fed-Ex, it's probably like Purolator...but yeah, I'll check the tracking number thing. Do I need to call and someone will tell me where it's at?

4. Captain Planet thread starter macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

Oh nevermind, I just clicked the link and it brought me there.

5. Captain Planet thread starter macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

Well, it was in Montreal yesterday morning and now it says "In transit"...so it should be on the way here and I should get it very soon.

6. civilizedrat macrumors regular

7. Captain Planet thread starter macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

:p

Thing is I don't have a digital camera nor a webcam...so it'd kind of be hard to take a picture with the cam inside the screen. :rolleyes:

I'm afraid I'll have to wait until April 5th, unless it comes sooner.

8. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

In transit (at least for UPS) means it is being shipped to a routing station. If it were going to you today it should say "Out for Delivery." Now, that doesn't mean it can't leave for delivery from the new routing station today, but I wouldn't bet on it.