Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Big Byte

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
Hello, I'm using an early 2012 13" MacBook Pro, which is running OS X 10.7.5. The Print & Scan option in System Preferences allows a user to receive faxes on their computer; I would like to do this, but I am having difficulty setting this up. These are the boxes I have checked off:

1) Receive faxes on this computer (which allows me to check off the following boxes);
2) Save to (faxes, not shared faxes);
3) Email to (my email address).

I have not checked off the "Print to" box. However, despite doing this, my faxes are still being received on my fax machine (an HP Color LaserJet CM2320).

Am I setting this up correctly? If not, any suggestions as to how to do so?

If this is in the wrong forum section, I ask that the mods please move it to the proper one.

Thanks.

Big Byte

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
I'm still fiddling with this and trying to figure it out. Is it possible that I can't receive faxes by email because I have wirelessly connected my printer/fax/scanner to my MBP? Maybe I need to have the modem connected directly to my MBP? I don't know. Still waiting for some much needed help. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.