Question about ram for Powerbook G4 1.33

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Chrispy, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

Hello all. Perhaps I can get some opinions about this issue. I have a powerbook G4 12" 1.33Ghz with sadly only 256MB of RAM. My questions is should I add 512 or 1GB. I do not do anything very system taxing so my questions is will I notice a difference in day to day tasks by going with 1GB over 512MB?

Also, where is a good place to buy RAM cheap. If anyone has links to cheap 512MB or 1GB chips please post them here for me. Thanks :)

2. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Make it a gig! :)

Outpost.com has a 1 gig stick for just $159 (goes down to $149 sometimes too). Search the forums and you'll see at least a few large threads about it.

I actually JUST installed this RAM into my PB. Just, as in, less than 5 minutes ago. About to run the hardware test. :)

Anyway, I think you may as well spoil yourself with the 1 gig at that price. I'm sure that even with 512MB, though, you'd see a nice improvement.

3. brap macrumors 68000

1GB. Seriously, Finder is so much more responsive. Everything else is a bonus, when folder open/search/whatever times are so far reduced; the fundametals. (FYI my system is the same, 1.33 12" with 1.25GB memory).