question about sending powerbook in

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by xcalibur, Jan 13, 2004.

1. xcalibur macrumors member

my 15" powerbook has the spot problem so i was wondering if i can bring it to an apple centre to get it changed or do i have to send it back to apple? I bought mine direct from Apple UK with the education discount.

2. pinto32 macrumors 6502

If you take it in, they will probably just send it out, but you never know.....its a widespread problem, so they may have a special system for this particular issue. personally, I'd just call apple and ask what will get your PB fixed the fastest.

3. Mblazened macrumors regular

it goes straight to houston (texas), could be about a week before you get it back.

4. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Here's how my "white spot repair" went. I live in the NW corner of the US, in the state of Washington. I took my Powerbook into the Apple Store on a Monday, and they had it back to me on Thursday of that same week.

I imagine it might take longer what with you being in London. But it does seem like Apple is trying hard to give good service for this issue.

5. xcalibur thread starter macrumors member

was this apple store the apple store you bought your powerbook from? i'm still confused as to whether i can send in my powerbook to any apple centre or must i deal direct with apple? (especially since i didn't buy my powerbook from an apple centre and got it direct from apple)

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I bought my iBook in the US, but live in NZ. I took the iBook to my local AppleCentre and they fixed it on site (took about a week because they had to get parts in from Australia).

7. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

I bought my Powerbook directly from Apple's Website. You can take it into any Apple retail store - they'll just look up your information on-line.

8. xcalibur thread starter macrumors member

alright...thanks a lot guys...i think i'll hold on to my pb for now though..looks like the new screen replacements have illumination problems....

9. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Unfortunately the new screens do seem to have slight illumination problems, but I noticed (on mine at least) that once the computer has warmed up for a few minutes, everything evens out. It's noticable when you first turn it on, but it's fine after that. No spots at least.

10. xcalibur thread starter macrumors member

when was yours sent in or if you never did, when did you buy it?