Question about setting distortion level in GB

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by krisavalon, Apr 11, 2005.

1. krisavalon macrumors newbie

Hi! I am using GarageBand on an ibook, so I do not have the type of outlet necessary to plug my guitar directly into my computer. As a result, I am forced to record chord progressions manually through my internal mic and I can never a get good sound from my electric guitar (nothing but static, go figure). Anyway, GarageBand does cooperate with my acoustic guitar, and I have found that I can use the "distortion" option on the track to make it sound more electric. My question, then, is how I can adjust the track settings to get the best, most crisp possible sound, bearing in mind that I am trying to make an acoustic guitar sound cleanly electric. Thanks so much!

2. forthebrave macrumors regular

I thought I was the only one that was using an acoustic for electric!! hahahaha! I use the Arena Effect w/ my acoustic guitar, and it comes out alright. Also, Grunge is good too. You can mess around with the levels in the EQ as well. These are some songs that I made w/ GB and my acoustic guitar ( ARENA EFFECT ) I didn't mess with the levels. http://www.macidol.com/jamroom/bands/562/music.php

3. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

I've always wanted to play my acoustic into GB, but my G5 won't take my old mic from my B&W G3... Anyone else notice this? When did audio in change? Do I need to force it in harder or something? It's quite strange.