Question About Sorting Through Trash

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mike dunx, Feb 19, 2007.

1. mike dunx macrumors regular

Well, about an hour ago i accidently did the infamous cntl + A and delete for my whole iTunes library. Well I noticed what i did right away and quit iTunes, but i think a few files ended up in the trash. I'm just not sure which ones. I had a lot of stuff in the trash that was real trash (folders,files,songs). So I need to figure out a way to sort through these files and find the ones that weren't supposed to be deleted. I think I can handle the rest from there.

The problem is that the View options for the trash can are very limited. I'd like to be able to view by the time deleted, but it only lets me view by last modified and so on. So is there anything that could help me sort through my trash a little better?

2. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Don't sort, use the search box in the corner of the Trash folder window. If you're looking for music files, search for .m4p and .mp3.

3. mike dunx thread starter macrumors regular

That will show me all the songs i have in the trash.. but then i still can't tell the difference from the hundreds of songs that were in there that were supposed to be deleted and the ones that were deleted on accident.

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I don't know how you could possibly hope for more, unless the accidentally deleted music was trashed in folders. Probably your best bet is to reimport everything into iTunes and cull out the tracks you don't want. Tedious perhaps, but better than losing everything, no?

5. mike dunx thread starter macrumors regular

I was kind of hoping for maybe an application that would allow me to view and sort the contents of the trash by different options.