Question about the $100 rebate for printer

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by wako, Aug 14, 2005.

1. wako macrumors 65816

Jun 6, 2005
    I was wondering what if the printer is cheaper than 100 bucks? Do we still get 100 dollars or do they just reimburse you for whatever you spent?

Also how many days do I have to buy the printer after I bought my system?
  2. ITASOR macrumors 601

Mar 20, 2005
    Oneida, NY
    Pretty sure you have to buy the printer on the same receipt (meaning at the same time) as you do the computer. Not sure about the under $100 question. Is there any even under $100?
  3. xsedrinam macrumors 601

Oct 21, 2004
    Correct. I just got a new iBook for a student (Education Discount which was $100 off), but any item including printer, case, even the iPod offer with rebate means you have to order these items along with the initial purchase so that it appears all on the same purchase order.
  4. persianpunisher macrumors regular

Jul 28, 2005
    yeah, and the base HP printer is 90 bucks, and the rebate applies to it
  5. wako thread starter macrumors 65816

Jun 6, 2005

6. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

Mar 11, 2005
    I know for a fact that the printer has to be on the same receipt. I'm not sure whether or not you get the full $100, although retail corporations tend to be rather thrifty, and I would assume that you get a free printer and no extra cash.
  7. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

May 18, 2004
    it's a mail-in rebate and on the form it says;

"...The computer and printer must appear on the same invoice or sales receipt...

...Customer rebate will be equal to the amount invoiced up to a maximum of $100..."

so if you buy a printer that's less than $100, the rebate amounts to the price of the printer and not the full $100

and, yes, the Apple store had at least one model that was less than $100
  8. combatcolin macrumors 68020

Oct 24, 2004
    Northants, UK

Christ are they a pain in the arse.

Trust me, whereever you are in the world you will be able to get a better deal with an on-line company and get the goods you ordered for with little hassle.

Apple rebate offers will put years on your life by the time they cough up!!!
  9. Gwendolyn macrumors member

Feb 3, 2005
    On our previous printer rebate, the printer cost $99.95 and our rebate check was for $100.00. So while it's technically a case of the printer being cheaper than $100 and we still got a $100 check (woohoo, 5 "free" cents!), I'm not sure how informative this would be in the situation of a printer costing even less.