Question about the Apple Stores

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jbbutters, Nov 4, 2006.

1. jbbutters macrumors newbie

Do they give out Educational Discounts? I go to Purdue and want to pick up an iMac 20 inch tommorow and I'm just wondering if Apple Stores give out education discounts in person.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Yes, I believe they can, but you'll need proof of attendance to a qualifying school (a student ID should suffice).

3. thicke macrumors newbie

Yes, they do. I just got a new MBP using my wife's EDU discount at our local retail store. They will require proof of "studenthood", a student ID being the best. They will also require a driver's license. I think they use name/DL number to make sure you haven't gone over the limits of the EDU discount.

4. scott523 macrumors 6502a

Yep this is exactly what happened to me today. A little note, the Apple Store can't apply education discounts on softwares so that can only be done at the Apple Online Store.

5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

ya just show your student ID and you'll be all set,
    your gonna love your 20" i have one and it kicks butt!

6. thicke macrumors newbie

Some software is specially packaged for EDU, like Microsoft Office Student Teacher Edition. They do have that at the store here in Nashville. But you're right about applying the discount to other software packages.