Question about the Dell 2005FPW

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by paleck, Aug 16, 2005.

1. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

I semi-recently bought A PM and a Dell 2005FPW. It works great and no dead pixels, but can the apple use the USB connections on the monitor? :confused:

I have tried using it with my printer and it sees the device, but i can't print to it, but when I connect it through the keyboard or directly it works fine. This would seem to point to the usb ports at least partially working, since it can see it, but not use it.

:rolleyes: I apologize in advance if this has already been answered, I hadn't been able to find anything when i searched.

2. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I have the 1901FP, not the 2005FPW, but I think the USB hub is basically the same...

My Mac mini uses any device I attach to the LCD's USB hub just fine - my mouse, my camcorder (for transfering photos, NOT streaming video! :D) and my keyboard works just fine through the USB hub. Maybe try your mouse through it? If it works, then maybe it's just not for printers? Dunno.

3. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

yeah i've got the 2005 and it works just fine with my powerbook, i actually have everything hooked to that hub so i don't have so many plugged into the pb @ once. works well actually.

4. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

I have the 1704FPT and every time after my computer wakes from sleep, the hub is "dead" until I unplug it and plug it back in. Then it works fine until the next sleep. Turning the monitor on & off doesn't help.