Question About the Menu In Tiger...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by LaMerVipere, Jan 5, 2005.

1. LaMerVipere macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

In some screencaps of the proposed Tiger desktop, it looks like the upper left Apple icon is set against a highlighted aqua blue background, like the upper right Spotlight icon. In others, only the Spotlight icon is highlighted in blue.

Will they leave it the way it is, or make the Apple icon blue? Stupid question, I know, but I'm very curious. :)

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well nothing is final yet so its a toss as to what will end up happening

depends on which will end up working better for the system and in the scheme of things/design

3. mactropy macrumors member

mactropy

Maybe this has something to do with the SystemPreferences>Appearance settings. Anyone else?

4. millypede macrumors 6502

millypede

All mine are Grey both left and right corners, they are only Blue when I highlight them,

5. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502

the ones i got on the disks at wwdc were blue non hilighted like everyones but in my most recent build from adc they are the graphite and dark blue highlighted

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Something I've been curious about...

...is at what stage the appearance of things in OS X is set before release?

Not the stuff under the hood but the graphics... are they developed in parallel and added at the end or are developers seeing the revised GUI in the releases at the moment? And if they are, what other graphic changes are in the pipeline... personally I'd like to see the end of the pinstripes. They're far subtler than before but I don't like 'em...

I don't usually follow the 'Tiger' stuff that closely and was just interested from a visual designers' point of view...

7. LaMerVipere thread starter macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

I'd love to know as well.