Question about Tiger and Printers

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sonyrules, May 5, 2005.

1. sonyrules macrumors regular

This may be an odd question, But does anyone know if Tiger comes with the Canon Pixma IP4000 printer driver built in. Theres a reason for my madness... I currently have 10.3.9, and i have bought a netgear prosafe router/print server. Well, in order to use the print server, i have to setup for IP printing, No problem. BUT, When i choose the Printer driver, It does not show me any of my installed printer drivers, Only the ones that come preloaded with the OS.

So if anyone can find out if its included, OR even find a way to make my current situation work (which would be great) Please let me know... Thanks for all your help

2. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

Here is a link to the latest driver that DOES work with Tiger:

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/co...yid=117&modelid=10239&srcPage=OSC&clickSrc=DR

Tiger may have fixed the issue you had. Tiger did have my Laser Printer driver built in as well as my new HP Officejet 5510 which is a fairly new printer. So that particular Canon Printer Drive may come standard with Tiger as long as you choose to install the Canon printer drivers.

BTW...I usually only choose to install the printer drivers I need. For example, I dont' have any Canon, Xerox, etc printers so I uncheck those. It makes the OS Installation much quicker and saves HD space. Also, I uncheck the language packs as well if they're aren't needed. My Tiger installation took up 2.2 GB with the extra options unchecked. With everything check I think the installation is somewhere around 3.4 GB.