Question about Tiger release and powerbooks

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mr-F, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Mr-F macrumors newbie

Hi,

Please accept my apologies in advance if this has already been asked, but I did a search and couldn't find anything related. I'm completely new to Macs and have been looking at purchasing a powerbook since my original laptop died completely over a month ago. I've been putting off the purchase of a powerbook due to the talk about the release of Tiger. However, if I place my order on Friday, the release date of Tiger, will Tiger come on my powerbook, or will I be left with the previous version of the Mac OS X? Does anyone know what Apple's does in these situation? Do they automatically ship new powerbooks order with their new software on release day, or should I leave it a couple more days :(

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Mr-F

2. Dm84 macrumors regular

If you order on Friday and Tiger isn't installed on your machine, they will include a Tiger install disk for you to run.

3. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

i thought all machines from the retail brick & mortor stores were to have Tiger on them Friday. It also seems that the new PowerMacs are shipping with Tiger installed on them. But the PowerBook page still says Panther. If I were to guess within the next week that will be updated and you'd get Tiger for sure.