Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
I purchased my 6s full price from Apple as the T-Mobile model.

When I received my device, I immediately took out the T-Mobile SIM before powering it on and I put in my AT&T SIM to complete the activation.

I was wondering if that somehow botched the unlock status of my phone? One day I tried putting a T-Mobile SIM in my phone, and my phone threw the "No SIM" message. I also don't have the "Carrier" option in my settings menu.

Any advice guys? :)

wongster

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2014
i too paid full price but for a 6S+ from Apple and popped in my att sim when i first booted up the phone. i just popped in the tmobile sim that came with the phone and it shows signal and tmoble LTE in the signal strength. i would bring it back to Apple and have them deal with this issue

rigormortis

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
try turning the phone off
and wait for it to boot up fully
until you are at the home screen
until it says no sim
and then insert sim

or erase all content and settings
insert sim
and turn on

or back up , erase and restore from iTunes
if you still think its locked, ask for help

as far as i know if your phone is model #s a1687 or a1688 its supposed to be unlocked
i heard phones purchased at full price that are sprint models are locked

i didn't test my phone to see if it was locked. but i did see a congratulations your phone is unlocked message in iTunes when i was trying to fix a syncing issue

its supposed to read the sim, and grab carrier settings from wifi and search and then work

sometimes I've seen if u put in a new sim u will have to do that activate thing where the iPhone says hello.

I've messed around with AT&T go phone sims and they are dead to the world until you activate the sim by dialing codes. putting in a dead AT&T go phone sim would cause the iPhone not to show a signal

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.