Question about vector resizing in Adobe Illustrator CS... Please answer!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by omgwut, Sep 4, 2006.

1. omgwut macrumors 6502

Jul 28, 2006
    Hey there,
    I've been tracing over a photo of myself in Illustrator to draw myself in vector shapes, with the idea of bringing the files to Kinkos tomorrow to have them printed out on hi-res glossy paper.

I guess my only potential mistake was not measuring the dimensions of the image out before I began, but I know that with vector, image pixellation and distortion really isn't a problem. I know how to resize individual shapes on seperate layers, but how can I resize in equal proportion the entire drawing, including all of the layers should I find that mine isn't big enough to print? Do I have to flatten them all first or what? What do I click on?

Thanks alot!
  2. monke macrumors 65816

May 30, 2005
    Not sure if Illustrator has te feature, I know PS does.

Can you create a folder? If so, drag all the layers you want to be resized into that folder. Now resize that folder like you would normally with a single layer.

Hope that helps.
  3. macaddicted macrumors regular

Jul 23, 2002
    Down on Copperline...
    AFAIK so long as none of the layers are locked you should be able to do a select all (cmd-A) and scale. I usually use the scale tool and option-click to bring up the scale dialog window.
  4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    Unlock all the layers, select all, click on the selection tool (black arrow), then shift-drag to stretch. That should be all there is to it.