Question About What A Genius Bar Can Do For Me.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Steve Jobless, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Steve Jobless macrumors 6502

This may seem stupid to all the veterans but would like to know if I can get these things done.

I would like to upgrade my HD some time on my MBP, I was wondering if they would replace it and give some document stating it was done by a certified tech.

I also need to get my logic board fixed, after hearing some horror stories, I don;t want to send it in to AppleCare and wait for return time and what not. Can/ Will they do an in store swap? or is that rare?

thank you

2. zwida macrumors 6502a

zwida

I don't THINK the genius bar will do a HD swap, but I could be wrong.

As for the logic board fix, they might do this for you in a 24 hour period if you have ProCare; otherwise, they'll send it off for a fix.

It should still be fast, but not overnight.

3. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

The Genius Bar generally just diagnoses the problem first. If it's something they can easily fix they do it. If it involves a complete tear apart of a machine they usually don't do it right there. Sometimes you have the option to have them send it in or have it repaired at the Store (given that they have a tech-shop)

It usually takes 2-7days for them to fix stuff(on average I would say). It can take longer if the part is not in stock or on backorder.

4. Steve Jobless thread starter macrumors 6502

i really dont feel comfortable taking apart my MBP, and have decided to just ignore the whine