Question About Your iMac G5 In-Transit Times....b/c mine is ridiculous

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Jovian9, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

To those of you who have purchased a G5 and you have them or they have shipped:
    What was your estimated in-transit time once the iMac shipped?
    I bought a BTO iMac G5 on 9/1/04. I received confirmation that it shipped today and the e-mail stated that it should arrive within 10 days (it did not even state 'business days'). So I copy/pasted my tracking # over to FedEx's website and here lies the problem. It states that I will not be receiving my iMac until October 13th:? That's nearly 3 weeks away, not 10 days. It is shipping from Shanghai CN (I live in the United States).
    Has anyone else received long transit time estimates like this? If so, have you gotten your iMac within the 10 days that Apple quotes or are you waiting longer than that?
    I guess I'm just hoping that the FedEx quote is wrong and that I'll actually get my iMac when I am supposed to according to Apple. 3 weeks is a long time to wait for an Apple shipment (once it has shipped), especially since I'm used to getting the things I order from them in 1-5 days.

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

I would venture to guess Apple meant business days. Of course you never count today, so according to Apple you would get it on 10/8 and Fedex is 10/13, thats only a difference of 3 business days. Not a big deal in my eyes.

Just relax...It will come.

3. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

3 weeks seems a little long. Maybe it was just an error in their tracking system. Mine shipped (standard shipping service) last Saturday the 18th with an estimated arrival of Friday the 23rd (yesterday). I actually got my iMac on Tuesday the 21st, so I was very impressed with Apple's (FedEx's) standard shipping.

4. Jovian9 thread starter macrumors 68000

Jovian9

That's what I am hoping. I have always been impressed with their shipment times. But 3 weeks for it to arrive seems way too long. They did not quote it as 'business days' but just as '10 days'. Even if they meant 'business days' the 13th of October is 13 business days, not 10.....which means they've misquoted me on shipping time either way.
    I do understand I need to be patient b/c it will get here, but I've waited 24 days for it to ship and now I have to wait 19 more for it to arrive. It didn't even take that long for the original G4 iMac to ship to me (it took 2 months for them to ship it b/c they were on back order when they released them, but only 5 days for it to get to my house once it was shipped).

5. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

If it helps, it seems that other people in the "iMac G5 now shipping" thread are reporting the same estimated delivery date as you. I'm not really sure what to make of it. You could try called Apple and FedEx and see what they say.

6. Jovian9 thread starter macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I guess I should go look at that thread...thanks. That's a good idea, I think I'll give them a call.

7. AndiePandie macrumors regular

Jovian, mine shipped yesterday and my estimated time of delivery is Oct. 11. :( So I can understand how you are feeling.

8. Jovian9 thread starter macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I called Apple. At first they stated that since it was shipping from Shanghai that it would have to go through customs....after clearing customs it would take 5-7 days to get here.
    I then got a little bit more serious with her(not rude).....but wanted specific details as to why they would say it would take 10 days to get here when FedEx was quoting me at 19 days.....when they knew it would ship from Shanghai and have to go through customs. She then put me on hold, came back and said it will take 3 days coming from China. She then said it would be Wednesday of next week that it should arrive.
    5 days is a lot better than 19 days:) So all of those who are getting the longer-than-expected ship times.....I think we're okay and the iMacs should be arriving within a week. Perhaps FedEx is just giving conservative estimates?