Question and Answer Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Spanky Deluxe, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Is there any software out there that you can program in questions and answers (must be able to at least support images too) that you can display the question, press a button, then see the answer?

I've got serious problems with my memory for things like facts and equations and its messing with my degree big time. I have the understanding but can't remember facts or equations.

Back when I did my GCSEs my teacher gave us question and answer cards, I programmed these into a QuickBasic program that did just what I wanted. I wouldn't know where to start in creating a program like this again that can display pictures too!

Any ideas?

2. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

I did a quick Google search on "flip cards".
    This came up (didn't search any further). I haven't used it, but it appears to be what you are looking for.

Edit: This looks better. I have tried it out & will use it for my kids.

3. Spanky Deluxe thread starter macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I downloaded and tried the first one you mentioned (iStudy) before you edited your reply and loved it. First of all the link you found was for version 1, there's a newer version available at their new homepage at http://www.macstudysoft.com/blog/category/Homepage/.
    Version 2 is much nicer to use and doesn't crash like version 1 did for me. You also don't get any nag screens while you're going through cards in the trial version. I ended up buying it within about 15 minutes because it did what I wanted and was only about £12.

I've just come back to this post and I've seen you've found another program. It looks pretty good and in many ways better. It doesn't appear to let you use different fonts though which is quite an important feature for me, making life much easier. I like the Deck Library function although there aren't that many things to download in there, I would be interested in the French words one though.

At the moment I'm trying to use iStudy to learn how to read Egyptian Hieroglyphs, hence the need for custom fonts. So far its working great!!

4. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

Glad you found one that works (I actually downloaded the right version but posted the wrong link). Hope it helps - good luck with the hieroglyphs (it's all Greek to me).