Question bout new 12 powerbook.

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by broncoball, Nov 9, 2005.

1. macrumors regular

I just bought my new 12 inch powerbook about a week ago and i have to say it is way better than my old pc. but i hav just realized that when i close the laptop i can press down on the lid and it kinda goes down a little more and then goes back to normal. is this supposed to happen?

2. macrumors newbie

Yes. It is one of my pet peeve design issues with the Powerbooks of late. Ractech has some nice stuff called Wildeepz that are spacers that help even out the distribution. Link: http://www.radtech.us/Products/Wildeepz.aspx

3. macrumors 68000

Bern

Don't press down on the lid :D

4. macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

"Doctor, it hurts when I do this."
    "Well then, don't do that anymore."

No harm done to the PowerBook. :D

5. macrumors 68020

YS2003

I think it is normal. The latching machanism does not hold the lid too close to the chassis (ie. keyboard areas/main surface). I think there is a 1 mm play zone after getting latched, if you press "gently" on the lid. I use iSkin on the keyboard and Radtech ScreenSaverz at the same time, which fill us the space between the screen and keyboard surface "perfectly" when a 12" PB is closed. I don't recomment using the both for a 15" PB as I felt it is too tight when I tried to do so with my 15" Al PB (I did not even try to latch it because I felt it is too tight).