Question for all Medal of Honor players

Discussion in 'Games' started by Sauerkraut, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Sauerkraut macrumors newbie

Jan 4, 2005
    Just got my new iMac G5 1.8 this past week and was wondering how well Medal of Honor series would play? I only have 256mb of RAM right now but will be getting 2GB in the next couple weeks. This is the only game that I played on my PC and the only game I am concerned about. Also, can I still add onto the game like I did with my PC such as new maps, player skins, sounds, etc? I figured I still can but was just wondering anyways. Thanks!
  2. cluthz macrumors 68040

Jun 15, 2004
    I've only played MOH a few times, but my lil'bro plays it all the time. I can assure you that MOH will run GREAT on the iMac. The minimum system reqs are 500MHz i think so 1.8GHz will be good.

I'm not sure if you can use the same addons as the PC version, but my bro sure has many addons installed.

256MB RAM isn't that much, so don't expect your machine to fly before you have added more RAM...
  3. MemphisSoulStew macrumors regular

May 10, 2004
    I originally played MoH:AA on a 600MHz G3 iMac with 512 MB of RAM, and it was mostly fine. It slowed down a few times when there was lots of action, e.g. in the first mission while riding in the back of the jeep manning the 50. cal, and it was slow to load each level, but it was definitely playable. You shouldn't have any problems at all on a 1.8 G5 iMac.

If you like MoH you should also consider Call Of Duty, and its expansion pack United Offensive. IMHO this is even better than MoH.
  4. wPod macrumors 68000

Aug 19, 2003
    Denver, CO
    I've played MOH a lot on my PB G4 867mhz. it worked fine when i had 256mb ram, and worked even better after i upgraded to 640. so you should be fine on your iMac!!!
  5. Mr_Ed macrumors 6502

Mar 10, 2004
    North and east of Mickeyland
    I play it on a Dual 1GHz G4 with 1MB RAM and a crappy Gforce 4MX video card. I play with the vid settings pretty much maxed out (1280x1024 resolution) except for a couple of specific items (don't remember which). I plays nicely with the exception of two maps:
    - The 'Drukamern' map gets low frame rates in some areas during on-line play.
    - The first map on the Spearhead expansion pack is also jittery.

I would imagine a new G5 iMac with its updated vid hardware would play just fine.
  6. OutThere macrumors 603

Dec 19, 2002
    I guess it's pointless to reaffirm what has been said multiple times, but it will definitley run very well.
  7. Sauerkraut thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 4, 2005
    Thanks, I figured it would work just fine but I wanted to be sure before I ordered the game.
  8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    Good rule of thumb is take the minimum specs on the game and then double them if you want it to look good and run smooth as butter.
  9. yoda13 macrumors 65816

Sep 26, 2003
    Runs great on both of my machines, and yours is better (esp. once you get the RAM)
  10. fluidinclusion macrumors regular

Sep 8, 2003
    Green Bay, Wisconsin USA
    Runs ok on 3 year old Mac

I've been playing MOH every week for over a year on my dual 800 MHz G4 tower with a GeForce 3 and 1.25 GB RAM. It is fine in single player mode, and great on the online mode. The new G5 will play it very smoothly with lots of RAM.

Does anyone know if these games like MOH or others are dual processor optimized? If not, then the G5 iMac will do even better!!!
  11. dvdh macrumors 6502

Apr 6, 2004
    I'm a semi-regular player on a iBook G3/900/32mb with 640 M of ram. It's fast enough to be a playable, so I highly doubt you will have any problems on your 1.8.
  12. HiRez macrumors 603

Jan 6, 2004
    Western US
    Runs pretty well on my 800 MHz TiBook (32 MB Radeon 7500 Mobility) at 1280x854 native and medium settings, so you will have no problem with it on your system, even with everything cranked, assuming you get at least 512 MB of RAM. That'll mostly be true for any Quake III based game.
  13. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2004
    mOnce you have that ram you could probaly run MoH at top settings.
  14. t0ast macrumors member

Sep 29, 2004
    I got MOH:AA on my 20" iMac G5, and it runs perfectly.
    All mods works as well, at least all .pk3 mods.

...and check out this little moh-community for mac here