Question for anyone who had a Mac Book Pro shipped by

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jfig24, Mar 20, 2006.

1. jfig24 macrumors newbie

Mar 14, 2006
    I have a quick question for anyone who ordered (and already received) a Mac Book Pro from does package the Mac Book Pro for shipping? Do they put the Mac Book Pro box inside another cardboard box or do they just stick a mailing label on the Mac Book Pro box itself and call it a day? The reason I am asking is because I don't live in the greatest of neighborhoods, and I don't want the wrong people seeing my brand new Mac Book Pro being delivered to me and getting bad ideas in their heads. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies?
  2. T-Stex macrumors 6502

Jan 15, 2006
    I recently received a 12" Powerbook from Amazon, and I'm guessing the MBP will be shipped in nearly the same manner. It was shipped in a plain cardboard box, with some padding and then the normal Apple packaging inside. It may or may not have had the Amazon logos on the outside of the cardboard box, I can't remember.
  3. brett4got macrumors newbie

Feb 23, 2006
    My MBP from Amazon was actually triple boxed. Amazon branded cardboard box -> Plain brown cardboard box -> Apple's custom box.

I am guessing that the middle box was how they were sent from Apple since it fit very snuggly around the MBP box. So I am sure Amazon just threw that in one of their boxes with plenty of those airbags that Amazon uses to package stuff in.

4. jfig24 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 14, 2006
    Thank you so much for the responses. It sounds like Amazon will ship it properly and I nothing to worry about. I can't wait until tomorrow!!! This is my very first Mac so I am sooooooooo excited!