Question for experienced eBayers

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by flalaw, Oct 11, 2006.

  1. flalaw macrumors regular

    Aug 11, 2006
    United States
    Like so many others I've been waiting for months for the merom MBP. I'm most likely going to just give in and get the 2.16 ghz one either this weekend or next weekend. It'll cost me just about $2,500 after tax and student discount.

    I'm almost certainly going to ebay it by the end of next year and upgrade my machine, but I'm just wondering how much $ I might expect to lose. Could any of you that have experience w/ ebaying their machines give me any kind of rough estimate?

    The only reason I might wait for C2D is so that my resale value will be higher. Would the upgraded processor though have a huge impact on resale value since C2D isn't a whole lot faster than the CD?

    I dunno if everything is too speculative to come up w/ a helpful answer to my questions, but I thought I'd throw them out there. Thanks. :)
  2. danielbriggs macrumors 6502

    Jun 13, 2006
    Manchester, UK
    I'd sell it b4 the new ones come out, as most "normal" people are clueless, and don't even know what a Merom is. But if a NEW laptop comes out, they may pay less for it.

    Good Luck!

Share This Page