Question for GIMP users

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mpw, Dec 21, 2004.

1. mpw Guest

I've installed GIMP to play about with some .jpg's. I don't normally use graphics software and can't work out how to combine the 3 original photo's to form a single picture. I had assumed I'd be able to cut the sections I want from each add them to a new file as seperate layers and move them around to create my image but I've tried copying and pasting and it's not working.

Any advice?

2. bubbamac macrumors 6502

I have noticed that GIMP uses <ctrl>-C to copy, not <command>-C. Same for all of the keyboard shortcuts that I use.

Could this be the problem?

3. mpw thread starter Guest

I don’t think so. I’m selecting an area using the free select tool and copying it using the edit menu command then pasting it to another file. I can see the shape of the selection area and a paste layer is created I just can’t see the image. I’ve tried change the opacity and moving layers fore and aft.

4. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Be sure all the images are using the same color space. If your original image is a GIF, for instance, it may be using some odd 256-color palette. Convert it to RGB first, then copy-and-paste it onto the new location (which, of course, should also be RGB).

If this is the problem it's not specific to GIMP - it can happen in any image-editing program.