Question for iMac owners

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by hugemullens, Nov 18, 2003.

1. hugemullens macrumors 6502a

hugemullens

I was wondering how the arm has held up on the iMac G4's. Does it still hold the moniter well? Has it gotten loose? require any matenice? My mom is looking to replace our old quicksilver and she loves the 17", i told her today about the 20, but she wants to see it first. But i was wondering, seems like after a while that arm would have issues. thanks.

2. pyrotoaster macrumors 65816

pyrotoaster

I've had my 15" iMac for over a year, and the arm has held up very well. I wouldn't worry about it.

3. Flynnstone macrumors 65816

Flynnstone

We've had at work several iMacs. The arm has not been an issue. It even gets used as a handle :rolleyes:

4. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

I agree with the others. i've had my 17 inch iMac for over a year and have had no problems with the arm. It is supposed to used as the handle when you move your computer, but i haven't realy moved it other that to clean around it.

5. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

I move my LCD around semi-regularly and it hasn't had any trouble. I have the 17" as well.

6. sketchy macrumors regular

My parents have two and I have one, lots of movement and no sagging or anything. they are all over a year old

7. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

not to sound redundant... but the arm on my parents two imacs works perfectly. and they recently moved to a new house and used the arm as a convenient handle to carry the machine. no problems at all

8. Ambrose Chapel macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

i know 2 people with iMacs - one has the original 15" and it still holds fine, the other has had theirs since Feb and it's working fine.