Question for Intel iMac owners

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by elbirth, Feb 4, 2006.

1. elbirth macrumors 65816

Jan 19, 2006
    North Carolina, US
    For those of you that now own an Intel-based iMac, I'd like to ask a question- have you noticed any problems with it yet, other than slowness, etc. due to non-universal binaries?

I ask this because I ordered a MacBook Pro... let me clarify since that doesn't make any sense on its own.... many people are saying that they don't want to buy a MacBook Pro because it's a first revision product and first revision Apple products are generally always full of problems. I would consider the Intel iMac a first revision product too, correct? I haven't heard any glaring problems being screamed about it, which so far seems to be going along with my theory that any problems will mostly be software-compatibility problems... not hardware.

The Intel iMac is essentially the same as the PowerPC version, but it has new inside components. This is very close to the same thing with the MacBook Pro (it's essentially an Intel-based PowerBook, for all intents and purposes).

Of course none of us will know for sure until we get them... but I'd like to see if it's possible to get an early thought going as to if the Intel-based Macs are having any hardware issues at all.
  2. MRU macrumors demi-god

Aug 23, 2005
    Yep just posted a new thread.. My internet speed seems fecked compared to all my other macs...