question for mbp owners

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Storrow, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Storrow macrumors regular

May 25, 2006
    i just upgraded from a black macbook to the low end macbook pro (and i love it). Im just wondering i noticed on my previous blackbook that the keys started getting shiney and the trackpad also was wearing down. does the macbook pro do this also? i might go get a cover or something for the keyboard if its prone to this. thanks just wondering.
  2. emw macrumors G4

Aug 2, 2004
    I've had my MBP since June of '06 and haven't noticed any significant degradation in the keyboard and trackpad. Note that I use mine while connected to an external keyboard and mouse about 50% of the time, but it's well-used since I travel often.

That being said, as with any keyboard it will start to get a little dirty from exposure to the oils on your fingers, etc. Mine cleans up nicely.
  3. djinn macrumors 68000

Oct 4, 2003
    I also suffer from the Shiny Key syndrome. So I ended up getting an iSkin for my mbp before using the keyboard. But I do have a 12" Powerbook and it doesn't really show the key wear like my Thinkpad does.
  4. Storrow thread starter macrumors regular

May 25, 2006
    thanks for the replies i think ill grab an iskin or something to protect it, couldnt hurt

thanks again
  5. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Jun 9, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Has anybody noticed this Shiny Key Syndrome (®) on the white macbooks?