Question for PowerBook users....

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by ooartist, Aug 23, 2003.

1. ooartist macrumors member

My PowerBook G4 1Ghz has been the best laptop I have ever had but just recently I noticed one of the rubber feet on the bottom came off. I have read many post that say "go to the nearest Apple Store and they will give you a replacement foot/feet". Well considering the nearest Apple Store is 4 hours away for me I can not justify driving 4 hours for a part that cost less than a dime.

Now for the question.

Searching the internet I found a place that sales the rubber feet and I was wondering if anyone has ordered rubber feet from this place and if you have were they really the OEM rubber feet or just some rubber feet that you can buy down at you nearest hardware store?

Here is the site:

http://www.caldrives.com/Merchant2/...OD&Store_Code=Caldrives&Product_Code=CYCGA-G4

Thanks,
    ooartist

2. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Hey there - I had to order rubber feet for my TiBook 800 MHz, and I used CD, and they were great (The feet, I mean). They actually seemed to be (dare I say?) of a higher quality than those included on the machine by Apple.

But anyhow, they're great - have no worries in ordering them.

3. ooartist thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! For responding so quickly.

ooartist

4. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    my apple store said they would give me new ones free for my friend's pismo.... might check that before spending money.

5. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Damn, I'll need to get one. My roommate two years ago lost one from my PowerBook because he'd borrow it without telling me when I was at class and had the habit of moving it without picking it up from the desk, so the friction caused them to rip off. It's annoying, because it's enough to make the right front corner slightly lean down from the rest of the PowerBook.

6. powerbookmedic macrumors member

We sell the feet too, but we're more expensive then the other place...hadn't heard of them before. They have a good price on the Titanium feet.

-Bradley