Question for PS3 owners!

Discussion in 'Games' started by andy89, Feb 7, 2007.

1. andy89 macrumors 6502

Hello.

I have a question for anyone with a PS3.

I pre-ordered a PS3 here in France, the problem is my French is b*llocks.

Which games come with an option to change the language?

For Example: I buy some games over here because they have a description on the back in English, French and German. Like Resident Evil 4, or Half-life 2.

Please say Ridge Racer and Resistance Fall of Man.

You can't turn down a guy without TV:p

2. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

I have no clue on the langauge but if you get the games from the US, they shuould be in english and playable.

3. darkwing macrumors 65816

As was said, US games should be fine.

I imported Tales of Eternia for PSP from EU, and it had 4 languages on the back but only played in English... would it play in a different language if the PSP was set to another language? I think maybe the backs of those games are misleading!

The PS3 itself has language selection built in, so you'll be fine there. I'd just consider importing American games. I'm sure any of your fellow PS3 owners on the forum here would be happy to mail them to you so you don't have to pay outrageous import fees. :)

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I think you'll find most PS3 games have all the languages on them. One of the genuine benefits of BluRay's increased storage.

5. andy89 thread starter macrumors 6502

Cheers,

I'll think I'll use MacRumorsUsers advice as excuse to risk it.

If not i guess I can return them or ebay them.. but I'd rather not.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well I bought a Jap version of Gengi and it has english selectable for all the menu's, all the voices, subtitles everything. So you should be ok (I hope ;) )

7. darkwing macrumors 65816

The question is, do the English voices have native-English speaking voice actors or are they all Japanese people speaking Engrish? :rolleyes:

I love anime but I have to flip it to English-dubbed when they have some "American" on one who can't speak English worth a darn. I think 801 TTS Airbats had the worst.

If they really do voices for multiple languages then that is a good point in Blu-Ray's camp. It'd be awesome to have more unified release dates. Also, we're becoming a more migrant species (good or bad) and so many people in other countries may not be native to them.

8. pionata macrumors 6502

My Ps3 XMB is in french (Montreal-Canada) but most games are in english. Resistance is in french (if your XMB is set to french), even the voices of the characters are.

Fight night is in english only. I guess it depends.