question for you 2g shuffle owners

Discussion in 'iPod' started by howard, Nov 23, 2006.

1. howard macrumors 68020

howard

does the new shuffle update your recently played songs and or playcount after you use it? I remember the old shuffle did not, or was inconsistent.

2. AutumnSkyline macrumors regular

AutumnSkyline

Yeah, mine does the play count, I don't know about the recently played though.

3. appleman123 macrumors newbie

4. KipCoon macrumors regular

KipCoon

like the other two said, pretty sure mine does both :)

5. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

Wow, thanks, I didn't know it could do that now. Playcouts are a major thing for my smart playlists, so it annoyed me that the old shuffle did not save playcounts. Well, now I can justify buying a new shuffle, even though I only got my other one in August (1 month before it was replaced :eek:).

6. milo macrumors 604

The original shuffle has always updated play counts and last played. If yours doesn't, there's probably something messed up with your setup.

7. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

Play counts are updated but, as shuffle has no internal clock, the last played time/date gets set to the time you next sync with iTunes - somewhat annoying for me. It can't even remember the order in which you played the songs, which means that if you liked song number 34 and couldn't recognise what it was (those with large music libraries like me will know what I mean) it can be really annoying.