Question on optical drive tray on Quicksilver

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by blktauna, Apr 23, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

Anyone have it happen where the thing randomly opens and closes?

2. macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

no.

does it do this all the time? when you're working with certain apps? could anything be accidentally hitting the eject key on the keyboard? any other details you would care to share?

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

It's been doing this with increasing frequency. No pattern I can discern. Nothing is hitting the keyboard. Sometimes it will not immediately spin up a cd when one is put in the tray. It'll open and close once or twice before registering the cd.

4. macrumors member

new drive

get a new drive lol. ive been having trouble with my QuickSilver getting to register my UT2004 cd. it takes roughly 10min to mount the UT2004 CD lol and i dont have the problem with any other discs. So im getting a new internal DVD-R "Pioneer DVR-A07XLB." u can get them for a little over $150.

5. macrumors 601

stoid

Never had problems like this with the family Quicksilver. You got a bad something, I just hope it's the drive. You might want to try swapping keyboards for a bit to see if there it maybe a short in the keyboard eject button. Also, run some system clean-up tools to make sure that you don't have a corrupt file somewhere.

6. macrumors member

happy

it was the drive. I just got the drive (listed above) and now everything works. :)