question on short cuts

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by GetGo, Jan 11, 2004.

1. GetGo macrumors regular

I am a pc guy using a mac for the first time. I have a post it note program on my pc I use all the time. I see there is something called stickies which is the same thing. How do I create a short cut for the stickies program. Right now it seems like you have to go through too many steps to get to the notes.

2. sahnert macrumors 6502

just drag the stickies icon on to your dock.
    Or if you want to put it on your desktop click on it and go to File > Make Alias. This is basically like a "shortcut" on windows.

3. GetGo thread starter macrumors regular

4. niter macrumors 6502

I went a step further....I think the point of the stickies is for them to be there when I turn on my computer, so I set them to turn on when I restart the computer.

This is done easily by going to System Preferences....Accounts (and then click your account)....Start Up Items....then add Stickies.

5. sahnert macrumors 6502

I didn't think of that. My computer is almost always on. I basically just restart it to do installs.

6. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

Yeah, that's pretty handy. I have iCal and Stickies as startup items on my iBook since I use them both a lot.

GetGo--how are you liking the Mac so far. After many years of Windows I was overwhelmed the first month over how good the Mac is. Are you having a similar experience?

7. kenkooler macrumors regular

8. GetGo thread starter macrumors regular

Niter
    I downloaded Konfabulator and there's a sticky widget I also downloaded. Seems like it keeps the stickies open for whenever I need them. But if I don't like it I will try what you did.

Horrotaxi
    I love this thing so far. Just setup my e-mail today and learning the system. I think I'll be spending most of my time on the ibook in my living room, then on the desktop pc now.I have alot to learn but it's not like I am lost it's just different. My only concern is what I have heard about the ibook mother boards going down and people sending in there machine for repair. I hope this has been only a few people that were posting messages on other forum boards. I am planning on buying more memory I think I'll get it at crucial.com, someone else mentioned another site I have to check on.

Well I should be posting more qustions soon this forum is the best people are very helpful.

Thanks