Question re: minimizing/closing iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by raptor96, Dec 15, 2006.

1. raptor96 macrumors regular

So when I click the close window button on the main itunes window, if I apple tab back to iTunes the window doesn't open back up. I think this is a recent development because only recently do I remember being frustrated by it. All my other programs, if you close the window and then apple tab back to it the window opens back up. And if it doesn't you can do apple 1 or apple ` to get whatever the main window is back. I do this all the time in like safari or other programs. Why did they change this in itunes and is there a way to get the window back without having to go to the window menu and pressing itunes? I really dislike that they changed this...

I know this grammatically makes no sense but gimme a break, it's finals time :p. Also I know that this was more of a rant than a question, but humor me (or suggest how to fix this, that would be awesome too). Ciao.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Dunno why they did it, but if you press COMMAND-L when the window isn't showing, it should poke back up but with the currently playing track selected. Does that help a little? :eek:

3. raptor96 thread starter macrumors regular

Indeed it does help, though only useful when something is playing. Took me a second to realize that (as I pressed keys over and over when nothing was playing). I wrote you a really bad haiku as thanks (no I mean really really bad, and it rhymes!).

Many thanks to you,
    I put into a haiku,
    thank you sir, mad jew

4. raptor96 thread starter macrumors regular

I'd also like to append this by saying that I've had a lot of coffee and been studying Organic chemistry so I needed a creative outlet. Thanks again for your help, ciao!

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Hahahahahaha! Mate, you're a crack up! Good luck with your study. :D

Oh, and you should be able to press SPACEBAR to get something playing, followed by COMMAND-L to get it selected. A bit convoluted, but whatever. :D

6. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

i cannot recomend synergy enough, menu bar controls for itunes with keyboard shortcuts :)

7. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Just another small tip: Instead of closing the window, just hide it (press cmd-H), then when you cmd-tab back it reappear... :)