question regarding overclocking an ibook

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by slipper, Dec 29, 2003.

1. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

does overclocking significantly decrease the batterys life? anyone know of a site for overclocking a iBook G4 800mhz? and is there a way to switch to the higher speeds and switch back to the original speed?

2. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

I haven't heard anything yet about overclocking the G4 iBook, but im sure someone will post instruction online soon.
    check out http://xlr8yourmac.com/

Are you an experienced solderer? The iBook is extremely hard overclock due to much smalled parts on the motherboard. Be Careful.

3. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

ive read somewhere that newer ibooks can be overclocked with a piece of software. im not sure but i think this pertains to the newer G3's. but if this is true for G4's can someone please show me where i can get the software?

4. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Well there was a piece of software called CHUD tools 1.1.1, which allowed you to overclock your G3 iBook via software, but apple found out about this and updated CHUD tools and the old one cant be found. Too bad though.

5. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

hmmmm, interesting! I have a B&W and trying forever to overclock this thing, unfortunatly it isn't stable, no matter what I try. Haven't heard about CHUD tools yet. Did a search just now, and the earliest version I could find was 2.0. So if anyone has 1.1.1 lying around, please post a link, so I can download it!

Thanks, Dreadnought