Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IllTakeAnApple

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2005
San Antonio, Tx
I was opening the applecare kit today and noticed at the top right hand corner it was labeled for the ibook. The paperwork in side also lists it being for the ibook. The only problem being that i bought the protection plan for my MacBook. Do i need to go back to apple and get the one for a macbook or are they issuing these out for the macbook? thanks in advance!

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
I thought the MacBook's AppleCare was auto-enrolling. :confused:

Did you buy the AppleCare separately from the computer? If so, Apple probably didn't print any MacBook AppleCare kits, so they are just using leftovers from the iBook.

Satori

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2006
London
Until recently the apple store online had ibook applecare listed as part of the MB options (in the UK at least). Now it is listed as applecare for MB/iBook, so I think you'll be OK.

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
NY
On the Apple website the iBook and Macbook are grouped together under AppleCare. No worries, you won't get an iBook if you have to exchange it ;)

SurfinSHELL23

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2004
Aberdeen, NJ
On my AppleCare that I bought from the Freehold Raceway Mall Apple Store, it says for iBook on the box. A UPC sticker was added that says iBook/MacBook. I just recieved the "AppleCare Protection Plan Certificate" and it lists it as "APP FOR MACBOOK/IBOOK-CC/AE-USA" and when I go online and put in my serial number it says I have over 1000 days of coverage. So it works. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.