Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imrtt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
Would really appreciate answers to these questions:

1) What is the average wait to have an application approved these days? Is it really 2-3 weeks? Has anyone had their app approved in under a week recently?

2) Once an app is submitted, is there any way to update the binary? I know this is not possible through iTunes Connect, but perhaps there is some other way?

3) Do changes to app meta data (description, etc) have any negative effect on review times?

4) What are the common reasons for an app to be rejected? If an app is rejected, do you have to wait another 2 week for the updated binary to be reviewed?

Many thanks!

ghayenga

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2008

1) What is the average wait to have an application approved these days? Is it really 2-3 weeks? Has anyone had their app approved in under a week recently?

2) Once an app is submitted, is there any way to update the binary? I know this is not possible through iTunes Connect, but perhaps there is some other way?

3) Do changes to app meta data (description, etc) have any negative effect on review times?

4) What are the common reasons for an app to be rejected? If an app is rejected, do you have to wait another 2 week for the updated binary to be reviewed?

Many thanks!

1) Mine got submitted on July 7th and didn't get approved for 14 days. A fairly simple app by the way. I submitted an update that same day, July 21st and it just got approved today, 9 days later.

2) Not without submitting an update, which must be reviewed and approved.

3) No, I don't believe so.

4) Don't know.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005

Many thanks!

1. Review times are all over the place. Some are done in 24 hours, some take a week or two, and there are still people who submitted apps before the store launched who are waiting.

2. The -only- way to update an app is through iTunes Connect.

3. You can edit your app's metadata at will, whenever you want. It doesn't require any reviews and the changes appear in iTunes in a couple hours.

4. From what I have heard, re-reviews are usually done pretty quickly, like in a day or two.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.