Questions about mail and blog.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by giganten, Apr 1, 2007.

1. giganten macrumors 6502a

I use hotmail (msn) right now, but I have GoogleMail too and I like it more. But I did read somewhere or was it on the tv, I don’t remember. That Google read your mail, okay I don’t have any big secrets in my mail but I don’t want people that I don’t know who they are or what they want to read it. Is this true or can I use it and be happy?

And I have a second question too. If I should start a blog whit my paintings, photos what should I use, I want something that is free. Should I use Wordpress, Blogger or Flicker?

Thanks for the help!

2. yourockglencoco macrumors newbie

Hmm, gmail's abbreviated privacy policy might be a help. It looks like they actually do have access to the messages you send:

3. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    In theory every ISP reads your email. Every router between the source and destination reads the email. If you want to protect it encrypt it on your computer and have the recipient decrypt it on theirs.

Google's machines read your email to give you ads.

4. giganten thread starter macrumors 6502a

So you say I can use it and don’t have to be afraid for anything.

What about the blog, should I use Wordpress.com, Blogger.com or/and Flickr for my paintings/photos?

5. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    I am saying you have no more reason to be afraid than elsewhere.

As for blogging to quote Robert Heinlein. "Writing is okay, just do it in private and wash your hands afterwards."