Questions about mot To MAC

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by KfackC, Oct 6, 2006.

1. KfackC macrumors member

Hello,:D
    1)Have probelms to connect printer or scanner to the Mac? if yes,have a website which have printer/scanner can to connect and which can not?
    2)Have a simple guide for new mac user?what I need to know when i move to Mac?Tips?
    3)Where i can download software like Amule,Icq ,skpe,Messengar for mac?(have a website for download for mac?if yes,link for the website)
    4)I have Xp with Sp1,I will can install in the mac(after i install boot camp) or I
    need to buy Xp with Sp2?
    5)where download boot camp?Have a simple guide to install XP ?
    6)The software like Openoffice is free ? i can open word/PP document with the Openoffice?

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Almost (like 99%) certainly they will, check the manufacturers website and see if they have OS X drivers for them, if you give the models I'm sure a forum member can check.
    Mac101, Switch101
    try www.versiontracker.com, or the software makers website (eg, http://www.skype.com) you will want Adium or aMSN instead of MSN Messenger from MS as the Mac version is crap.
    You can slipstream SP2 onto the disk, i'm sure others can help more on this.
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/
    Yes, but not perfectly I would recommend NeoOffice as OpenOffice is a UNIX application (basically with a bit of work, probably involving recompilation, you can run any UNIX program on a Mac), you can also get MS Office for Mac's too ;)

3. KfackC thread starter macrumors member

The printer Is Hp Deskjet 5150 ? it can work with Mac?

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Yep, it hopefully will work straight away or if not you can get HP's software here.

5. KfackC thread starter macrumors member

thanks,
    I saw in the fourms about people said that Mac is simple(easy) uses then Xp,
    how it be express the easy uses?

6. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

How about you go try one out yourself and see first hand before making the plunge? You might not like it.

7. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

lol, i sincerely love this answer

8. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

Why thank you :D

It was this quote that made me think this could be a little bit of an impulse buy so-to-speak.
    It's like people said it's easier, but I don't know how just yet, but I want one anyways.