Questions about purchasing a new mac.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by adrake86, Mar 2, 2007.

1. adrake86 macrumors regular

I am interested in purchasing a new mac laptop. Considering macbook. Is there going to be anything new coming out anytime soon that I should wait for any new updates or what not? This will be my first mac. Is the best place to buy on on apple.com?

Thanks. :apple:

2. Stadsport macrumors regular

Click "Buyer's Guide" in the tab bar at the top of this page, it should answer your questions.

3. adrake86 thread starter macrumors regular

Alright thanks.

4. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

Agreed. As a general rule, in the few weeks after I decide to buy a new Apple computer, I always follow rumors especially closely to see what's coming down the pipe.

The Buyer's Guide here is excellent, and there's another site out there that does the same thing, but for the LIFE of me the name escapes me. It was mentioned on the last episode of MacBreak Weekly, though...oh, well. In general, I think the Buyer's Guide here is more reliable.

5. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

I'd say get it. The iBooks took a real long time to get upgraded majorly...I think the macbooks will be no different. I f you need it now, get it, otherwise wait for Leopard.

6. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

The only major revisement I could see coming out would be adding Santa Rosa which is expected to come out in May.