Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rickay726

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
New Jersey
im buying a mbp soon and was just wondering, how exactly do i get windows on it, does it come with windows disc? or do i have to go buy my own version of windows, and if so how would i go about instailling it?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Rickay726 said:
im buying a mbp soon and was just wondering, how exactly do i get windows on it, does it come with windows disc? or do i have to go buy my own version of windows, and if so how would i go about instailling it?

Apple provide you with access to download a program called bootcamp. Its bascially a small aplication that allows you to burn a cd with windows drivers for your hardware, partition your drive giving xp some space, and that's it.

It must be downloaded from apples website.

Windows XP with SP2 integrated must be bought seperatly.

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
MacRumorUser said:
Apple provide you with access to download a program called bootcamp. Its bascially a small aplication that allows you to burn a cd with windows drivers for your hardware, partition your drive giving xp some space, and that's it.

It must be downloaded from apples website.

Windows XP with SP2 integrated must be bought seperatly.

is there a website or a thread somewhere in this forum that has explicit, step-by-step instructions on how exactly the Windows-on-a-Mac thing is done? I'm planning to do this fairly soon (probably this weekend) so any help would be appreciated.

also, re: bootcamp
is it necessary to burn a CD? Can I not just create a partition on my drive and simply drag the windows drivers over to it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.