questions about word 2004 notebook layout

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by swingerofbirch, May 11, 2006.

1. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

Oct 24, 2003
    The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    Hi everybody,

I today for the first time tried out notebook view in Word.

I'd like to use it for my personal journal.

I have a few questions.

When you open the notebook view it automatically dates the notebook. Is there a way that it could automatically date each entry?

Also is there a way that the enter cursor could automatically appear at the very end of the document instead of the beginning when you open it?

2. eji macrumors 6502

Jun 8, 2004
    Inland Empire
    Try Journler

This may not be the answer you were looking for, but I'd try Journler if I were you. (MacUpdate page is here.)

Word notebook layout is definitely cool-looking, but Journler is absolutely free and offes a lot more customisation, multimedia functionality and blogging support. You can record and add audio and/or video, customise dates, organize entries with smart folders, and there's great iLife integration. I started using it about a month ago for blogging, and then my wife quickly became interested in it to keep track of her hayfever symptoms (exciting, I know). But that's just a good indication of its versatility.

So check it out and see if it's better suited to personal journaling than Word.
  3. iSaint macrumors 603

May 26, 2004
    South Mississippi y'all, near the water!
    If I recall, it's a header function. You would have to change the header on each page. Not sure if that's possible, as in Word you can have a different first page on a normal layout. It's 230 am here. I'll check it out tomorrow.

When I use it for class, I would date each tab separately.