Questoin concerning "Volumes" folder on my HD

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thirdstripe, Jun 24, 2006.

1. thirdstripe macrumors newbie

thirdstripe

I have a 250 gb Seagate attached on an NAS (NSLU2) to my iBook, but my internal harddrive is running out of space. My suspicion is that my Volumes folder is caching what should be saved on my 250 Seagate. Can I just delete this folder once I have moved files out of it that I want to keep? Any ideas? Anything? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. reh macrumors 6502a

There's nothing stored in the Volumes folder. It's just where mounted volumes (disks, flash drives, disk image, etc) are shown.

3. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

Yeah I had the same problem. Aparently its caused when you are using Azureus with an external drive. It happens when you open Azureus and your external HD isnt mounted.

MacOSXHints have provided a solution.

If this isnt relevant, I apologise, but looking at your screen shot i think this is your problem :)

4. thirdstripe thread starter macrumors newbie

thirdstripe

That was exactly my problem. I just made sure I copied the files from the cached version of the drive in the "Volumes" folder to the actual external drive. I then deleted the copies in the "Volumes" folder and and my internal harddrive cleared up the space that I was missing. Thanks for the help.

5. FragTek macrumors 6502

Big ups to this thread for fixing my problem, holla!