Quick and simple imovie question's

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Fredstar, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Fredstar macrumors 6502a

Fredstar

When editing and making short films in imovie the short clips i have are displayed pretty nicely and at the same quality when viewing in iphoto.
    But when it comes to the photos i have added, it is another story. They are very unsharp and instead of a 5-mp photo they look like a 1 mp photo, are they automatically compressed and is there anyway to turn the compression or adjust the compression? Or is this to be expected from imovie?

2. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

Photo's, Graphics, and Titles always look like crap in the iMovie application. But, once you export the finished product to tape or DVD, they look great.

3. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

TV resolution for PAL is 720x576px @72 dpi. iMovie or FCP will Resize to this resolution. The images might look better if you resize them in photoshop first, then import them.

4. Fredstar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fredstar

Thanks guys,
    I thought so, they look so crappy at full screen on my imac but point taken, this is 1650 X 1050 and our tv is like 720 X whatever for a pay signal, i am burning them all to dvd soon so it should look great.
    I love the new idvd menu's/templates and the added imovie updates, especially Ripple effect :D. idvd seems a lot faster and more stable but waiting till i get my blank dvd-r's and seeing how long it will take to compress and burn a 10 minute short family film.
    One last question, does idvd automatically encode it in 16:9 or do i have to do that on imovie? I really hope to have a widescreen film because 4:3 will look crap for everyone.
    again thanks