Quick, Easy DVD SP question.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kingsnapped, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Oct 16, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    I made, built and burned a DVD with DVD Studio Pro last night, but need more room on my HD for another project. Would I be safe to save the project as a disc image, then burn copies off that?

I'll only do this if it is easy and safe to make burns and delete the project and associated media. I'm pretty sure it can be done, but I don't want to delete a month of work until I get a little reassurance from you kind folk.
  2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

Jan 19, 2003
    London, England
    If I read you right, try building another VIDEO_TS folder out of DVDSP and storing that, you can burn duplicates of the DVD in Toast with a TS folder, that way you can dump the source files.

I archive completed DVD's to DVD-roms as well, as often they are only a few hundred meg in the DVD format, but a gig or so in source (especially with DV files around).

You can always copy the VIDEO_TS folder back off the DVD disc and re-burn in Toast as well, but it does mean you don't have a backup before burning the copy.

Hope this helps, I think it was what you were asking... :p