Quick help needed! Macbook or Powerbook?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by MonkeyHugger, Jun 12, 2006.

1. macrumors member

MonkeyHugger

Hello!

OK, need an answer by tonight for this.

I'm in the proccess of purchasing a base white macbook, was going to order sometime this week.

However, for about £40 less someone is offering me a powerbook G4, 1.25GHz, with two batteries and laptop case.

Not knowing anything about powerbooks after only recently searching about macbooks, I'm not sure what to do! Has anyone got any opinons? All I know was powerbooks seemed greatly respected.

Cheers :)

2. macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

The macbook gives better performing on everything except rosetta apps. I would go for the macbook.

3. macrumors G3

QCassidy352

macbook, for sure.

4. macrumors 6502a

Temujin

Go with the MacBook. The Powerbook contains a G4 processor. The MacBook an Intel Dual Core processor.
    The MacBook will run all future (and some present) software faster then the Powerbook.
    The MacBook will run Windows if you need it. The Powerbook won't.

MacBook!!!:cool:

5. macrumors 6502

Go with the Macbook. That Powerbook is probably of out warranty, and not worth the risk. The batteries arent new so, they arent going to hold a charge for that long anyways so dont think thats a selling point for the Powerbook. Even with rosetta apps, the macbook will come very close to the speed of a 1.25.

go with a Macbook you will be very happy with it. You need to save alot more to take a 1.25 powerbook.

6. macrumors 6502a

SheriffParker

Get the macbook! It's the wave of the future. ;)

7. macrumors member

MonkeyHugger

OK cheers guys, macbook it is :) thanks!