Quick InDesign Question

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by iJon, Feb 19, 2003.

1. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

I am getting ready to start using InDesign 2 on my powerbook and I have a quick question. I am used to Quark and when I'm ready to ouput to a pdf, ive always had to eps and then distill with Adobe Acrobat. In InDesign, can I just output directly to a pdf (embedding the pictures and fonts and everything) just like Acrobat would do, but skipping all the extra steps. oh yeah, this will be os x.

iJon

2. non fiction macrumors newbie

Yep,

You can directly output to pdf vis the export function. You get all the compression and saving options that you did with distiller. I have been using it for a month or so now and it is so much quicker. You can also save only the pages you want similar to the print function.

All very cool.

First post - whooohooooo

3. macphisto macrumors regular

Actually, it is quite a bit simpler in InDesign. All you do is file and export and choose pdf file at the bottom. That's all. From there you can choose all of your options like resolution, font embedding, crop and printer marks, color calibration and so forth. You can also (if you want to eliminate all hassle with fonts) change the fonts into outlines. (Just make sure that you save another copy with the text just in case you need to make changes.)

Does this help?

PM me if you need more help.

4. zer0army macrumors regular

yep you can export right to a pdf......so much better then Quark

5. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

thanks guys, i figured this would be possible, just had to make sure though. this is great news.

iJon