Quick Lead

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by upthereapple, May 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. upthereapple macrumors newbie

expect MWNY to be big. fact.

*** big things are going down.

unless my boss, ste**, decides to do some more testing on the ******machines.

didn't know whether to post this in the software or hardware forum. i decided the hardware update would surprise you more.

EDIT: Removed sensitive information, don't wanna lose my job.
    --
    upthere@pple

2. DaveGee macrumors 6502a

Karacho, Best shot at a German translation would be 'high speed'... So are you telling us that Apple has some 'high speed' machine in the works?!? Wow that's a news flash if I ever heard one... :rolleyes:

Sorry but you gotta give us more than that...

D

3. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Is the title of this thread "Quick Lead" as in a news lead, or as in a play on words with quicksilver, ie lead as in the element?

Damn the English language.

4. upthereapple thread starter macrumors newbie

well sorry, i can't give more than that.

i thought giving the code-name to a computer was a little helpful...

forget this site.. with it's mean people... there are plenty of other sites to post my knowledge...

c ya guys at spymac... :(

--
    upthere@pple

5. j763 macrumors 6502a

davegee-karacho does mean "fast" in german. and actually, it is big news that apple is working on some *fast* processors. the g4 is absolute crap when compared with an athlon. dual 1ghz compared with an athlon, well -- the results aren't pretty.

upthere@pple, if you could give us some more info, that would be great. i'll assume what you're saying isn't a load of crap that you've just made up, but that might be making too big an assumption.

6. upthereapple thread starter macrumors newbie

7. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

This dude is worse than the cheshire cat in "Alice in Wonderland"...

And this passes as info? Please...:rolleyes:

8. Paolo macrumors regular

???

Hey upthereapple are you just some kid f*cking with us or something!? or are you actually a legitamate apple worker? (like he's going to answer that honestly)

Secondly, why would we want to get this stuff down you didn't tell us anything to get down!?

9. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

Actually...

...the G4 is not a bad processor. The main problem is the memory (the other biggie is the clock speed, obviously). For certain tasks a G4's performance will scale almost linearly with the memory bandwidth until it hits somewhere around 533MHz (i.e. some tasks could go four times faster than they do now without a new processor. The 533 was calculated by the fact that a 533MHz G4+ can saturate the current memory bus, and a dual 1GHz is roughly 4 times that speed on the same bus, so logically it could saturate four times as fast a memory bus).

10. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

jesus guys comeon, be nice. there is a reason i visit these forums and not the other guys. i have a tendency to believe him, and i give him credit if he actually is an apple employee for not breaking his agreement.

i can be just as mean as the next guy, but that was uncalled for.

11. Paolo macrumors regular

what was uncalled for!?

Who's post was uncalled for!?

12. upthereapple thread starter macrumors newbie

what the heck... i post some info i have and i get i get cursed at.

and yes, I do work at Apple.

you can trust me this is gonna be last time i give out any hints of future releases....

13. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

well thanks for trying. i guess its that time of the month at macrumors.

14. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Sorry if we've offended you, but you have to realise that this is a rumor site, and as such ANY information given here will be highly scrutinized.

Anyone can say they work at Apple...the anonimity of the 'Net is an amazing thing.

Without substantive proof, we have very little reason to believe your posts.

15. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Don't let cleo hear that...she'll tear you a new one. ;)

16. upthereapple thread starter macrumors newbie

You didn't offend me, Rower_CPU, and i don't mind people not believeing me, if i could prove i work at apple: i would.

but i do get offended when people curse at me for telling info that i could lose my job for.

Palo: ive given plenty of sensitive information... it's just that know one sees it yet...

17. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I agree, swearing is uncalled for.

There's so much "G4...no, G5...no G4" business going on right now that I think we're all going a little crazy...sigh...

July seems very far away...

18. Paolo macrumors regular

he is full of it

there is no way he could be real... as if a real apple employee would get offended by scutiny of his identity in a mac rumor site...
    oh byee the way everyone did i tell you i'm steves long lost brother... i know everything thats going on in apple

19. Paolo macrumors regular

So uptherapple

So your saying that you came here today.... and registered with mac rumors... posted a post that doens't tell us much... just to risk your job!? hmmm yeah I do that all the time, so I work for the CIA aswell, but I'm not allowed to tell any one or they'll kill me... oops...

20. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

No offense, but I did work for Apple for two years, and quite frankly if you post the name of the project, or the specs themselves, either way, you violate your agreement. Trust me on that one.

So, that being said, why not give up the info on specs since you have already violated the agreement.

And, you have to understand, no one was trying to be nasty, but the little spymac comment was flamebait. I personally like their site, and I know a lot of us do, but there is no reason to try to start a war.....

21. upthereapple thread starter macrumors newbie

how serious you take the info is up to you, paolo.

if you don't believe me, then why bother cursing at me.

i'm not at the top of the Apple corporation, rather in the upper part of testing. I have never met with Jobs in person, but I do see him quite often at meetings and such.

BTW, sorry if offended you 'backtothemac', no i am not trying to start a war.

22. Paolo macrumors regular

really?

i suppose he's wearing his mock-turtleneck all the time at these meetings right?

and coming in with no shoes?

if you could possibley expand on what you've said then I might believe, but right now I have this picture of some 14 yearold kid pretending to be an apple worker just for a kick!

23. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

No dude, you did not offend me, I am just saying that you have to understand the response from the folks here. You registered today to risk you job? Come on, you know that by posting the name of the project, you would violate the NDA, so spill already. I have posted what I think is coming in another thread. So just tell us what you think may be coming. ;)

Oh, and a word of warning. I would refrain from anything sexist in your posts, or as stated earlier, Cleo will rip you one... :cool:

Glad to see a new member though.

24. upthereapple thread starter macrumors newbie

can some mod delete this thread?

i fear i have said too much.

thank you.

25. Paolo macrumors regular

Don't worry upthereapple

Don't worry, we we'll all stand infront of the post so no one else can see it okay.... just a friendly thing we do to protect our informants.

Are you like at your office or at home?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.