Quick monitor question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by vtprinz, Jan 20, 2005.

1. vtprinz macrumors 6502

Well, two really...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...8643&skuId=6554604&productCategoryId=cat01011

Anyone know if this monitor is any good? I'm going to buy the DP 1.8 PM and can't afford a nice flat-panel monitor, so I'm going with CRT

The more important question is, do I need any adapters to plug this beast into the PM? I know there are DVI and ADC (?) ports on the PM, but I don't know what the monitor uses/is shipped with, and I'd hate to get everything together, only to find that I need some special adapter that would take a few days to get shipped...

2. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

To answer your question

Looks like a good buy. Being a 19" CRT display it most likely uses 15-pin VGA. The PowerMacs come with graphics cards that have Apple Display Connectors and Digital Visual Interface. DVI to VGA cables are also supplied so that is what you would use for connecting to this monitor.

You should note that both the ADC and the DVI ports can be used at the same time to connect two displays to the one PowerMac.