quick q re: PB 12" software CDs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by losfp, Feb 25, 2003.

1. losfp macrumors regular

Excuse the ignorant mac newbie please - 12" and CDs are too short for the vBulletin search function! :)

I have a PB 12" on order (my first mac, hooray) and I was just wondering what the CDs contained. Are they "software restore" type CDs where they installed a pre-configured image on your hard drive, or can you install apps seperately etc?

Maybe I should start downloading all the iApps etc just in case ;) don't want to spend a heap of time downloading updates when it gets here!

2. bjmorgan macrumors newbie

My 12" came with a Software Restore DVD, a Hardware Test CD, and QuickBooks New User Edition 5.

Have fun!

3. bjmorgan macrumors newbie

Oh yeah, everything was pretty much installed, except I had to upgrade to the new iMovie (which I consider downgrading, because iDVD 3 didn't come with the package - I have the SuperDrive).

Safari wasn't added in, from what I remember, but all the other iApps are included.

4. bjmorgan macrumors newbie

Oh yeah (on MORE thing). If you get the SuperDrive, Apple kicks in one of the DVD-Rs

Have fun with your first mac. This is my fifth and by far the best mac I've ever owned. I love this thing!

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

yep everyone is right. if you get a superdrive you will need to get ilife. apple will put the cds in the box or you will need to apply for the uptodate program, or is 20 dollars isnt a lot to you just go buy ilife.

iJon