Quick question about Adium Contact List

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by calebjohnston, Feb 3, 2006.

1. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

Jan 24, 2006
    How do you set the contact list to be in alphabetical order when not grouped? (If possible in order of online/away as well)

By that, I mean.. more like iChat's setup.

EDIT: one again, i solved my own problem. ill shutup eventually
  2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    looking for a solution before posting is usually helpful.
    there are searches on these forums, Adium has its own forums and a help as well. doesnt hurt to tinker around with the app itself to, might surprise yourself.
  3. Josh macrumors 68000

Mar 4, 2004
    State College, PA
    Even though he fixed it himself - how is posting here for help not considered 'looking for a solution?'

It was a reasonable question in the correct forum. No need to get annoyed over the proper use of the forum.
  4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    searching would have found the answer first and this thread would have been unnecissary. and this is at least the second thread about Adium just posted. why not ask in a current thread? or consolidate questions?
  5. abductos macrumors newbie

Jul 9, 2008
    Available and away contact order

I've got a similar question. How do I organize contacts regardless of status (available vs. away)?

P.S. I understand that it might be possible to get the answer elsewhere, but since this is one of Google's first results when searching for "adium contact order" I think if somebody's got a solution, they ought to post it here to save the rest of us the trouble. Especially you, thread author (nudge nudge wink wink).